Love Story meets Viva la Vida

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fossil Springs

I am already way behind ... 7/26 we went to Fossil Springs. James was such a sport to come along with just Eric and I.

We started on the road at 6:30am. We got to Payson and Eric realized he put out lunch (sandwiches) in his freezer to get really chilled and left them there!! We had just bought a small cloth insulated cooler to fit our lunch into his backpack.

We stopped at WalMart, bought a new one and a new sandwich. We ended up getting a REALLY late start as a result.

Here is some of the beautiful waterfalls at the watering hole...


The hike is 4.5 miles down and 4.5 miles hard hike uphill back.

On the way down I saw this little creature!! It is so rare to see horny toads but they are so adorable.



Here is James




We stopped for a bite to eat in a shaded spot. Eric and I found that Pomegranite lemonade is spectacular tasting!! He kept it by his side the rest of the trip until it was gone.


This BEAUTIFUL golden retriever was so sweet and adorable.



This is a kayaker who rode a waterfall down!!


Eric is quite the daredevil this day!





Talk about dare devil!! This cliff (dam) is several stories high! There were people jumping off it. All of a sudden I saw Eric up there and I knew he was going for it!


This is a good pict to show the true height.


Getting Ready.... Set ...


JUMP!!!


Falling...


Falling...


Splish...


SPLASH!
And the thumbs up!
Wow!
Here I am releasing from the rope swing! I was scared out of my mind.
Here is Eric doing a flip off the rope swing!


James was a good photographer.
Fossil Springs starts right here! ALL that water comes from underground. It is so clean and fresh that you don't really need to sanitize it. If you get your bottle right where it comes up! It's amazing.
We were extremely lucky on the way back we had clouds the entire way instead of intense mid day heat!
I was a beautiful hike back. Cloud cover makes some amazing lighting for pictures.
My Hero carried his backpack AND my backpack all the way up hill on the way back. He wouldn't let me carry it. He finally let me carry it at the very end as it flattened out. He has such a resiliant and amazing body and strength that I wish I had. I think I used to when I was younger.

This was a fun trip. We were sore for days and didn't work out much that next week. It has been hard to kick ourselves back into gear.
I am proud of Eric for loosing 15 pounds in 3-4 weeks. He worked his butt off at the gym mostly walking but for 2-2.5 hours a day. I got so bored and then exhausted I couldn't do more than 1.5 hrs max. I now give up between 30 min - 1 hr.
Now that I have Hannity on my podcast I may last longer!



3 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Wow great job Eric! Hey, how come the water looks sooo much browner from when we went before? Still looks fun though!

Liz Hastings said...

It rained the day before and night. The water was like chocolate milk and was very swift!

We gotta go back when it is clear. I have picts from when we went and I was at least 20 lbs heavier but also wore 2 braids!

Megan said...

What a blast! You guys have so much fun. You look ADORABLE Liz!