Love Story meets Viva la Vida

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day in Sedona

We were deciding between a beautiful Clover Springs hike down a small winding creek with the woods all to ourselves or the beautiful packed red rocks of Sedona and ribs at Page Springs Restaurant and Montezuma Castle.

I have always wanted to take Eric to Sedona but I was longing for some time with just him. Through his excitement and research into all the adventures in the red rocks he convinced me after a small tantrum that Sedona was it.

And he was gorgeous, I mean it. The Red Rocks.

Why can't I be so photogenic!





First stop... Slide Rock!


The water was cold at first but felt refreshing.


It was fun but I wasn't so sure what to do with my legs!
Woohooo!!!




Eric is so daring. Stomach first seemed painful. The rocks were really smooth though!


The Page Springs Fish hatchery was already closed. At 3pm!! Dang. It's been a long time. We drove past Page Springs Restaurant and found out it was closed and hopefully reopening in October. Aunt Lois said the owner went bankrupt and sold it. We got a snack at McDs and off to Montezuma's Castle



We stopped at a place at KC Corner on the way to Cottonwood from Camp Verde. It was on the corner of Cornville Rd and Page Springs Rd. We wanted our Ribs and Aunt Lois said this is the place to go. We were totally hooked up. Eric and I ordered a full slab to share. The waitress reported there was only a 1/2 slab ready and we would have to wait an extra 1/2 hr for the other slab. We said go for it! So she hooked us up with a free appetizer and Dr Pepper both!!
By the time we got our meal we were kinda already full. We had a few ribs and packed em up to go! 2nds are heavenly!!! We gave a REALLY good tip!
We went by Aunt Lois' for a bit. She is so generous and always gives when I go there. I wish I visited more often and had something to give.
Here is Casey one of Baby's baby. Baby is my parents oldest cat. Lois also has Skitsy who is named for that reason. She never comes out when we are there.
I forgot his name. He is real sweet though. This is Eric's art work by the way. Sometimes enjoys taking picts.
This is a crazy tomato Lois found at the store! It was a siamese tomato.
It had a rough start cuz I was extremely jealous of Eric's book. But it was great to get out together.
As Eric always says... "It's Better Together"
GO ASU 2-0!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like another fun adventure! I love all of the pictures! Fun fun fun!